Thursday, March 17, 2011

My first fitting room review!

Perhaps the exclamation point is a bit premature. Living in moderately-small town USA, we have a scarcity of interesting stores. My town is too small to boast Aldo, Macy's, Nordstrom, H&M, Club Monaco, Madewell, a decent sized J.Crew, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters... the list could go on and on. Therefore, my fitting room review comes to you from... wait for it.... Old Navy! I ran over there today on my lunch break hoping to scope out some new skirts featured on the website (since I am trying to let go of my 10 year old Abercrombie shorts this Summer) and what do you know? They only have 3 styles. None of which I really loved. One was ok, but I didn't snap a picture. Here is a linen dress that I thought looked cute. I do like it. However, my lack of confidence in belting dresses puts me at a distinct disadvantage here. Its a nice dress for Old Navy, but looks like a potato sack without a belt. So its a pass for me. I have on a small here. Also comes in olive and khaki.  About $30. My green loafers are purely in St. Patty's Day spirit.

3 comments:

  1. That is an adorable dress. Can't believe it's from Old Navy. Loving your loafers though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable! But I would be so lazy and never iron it after its first wash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually kind of happy that you didn't take it. A couple good things about this dress is that that color is very nice on your skin.. but you have a great body, and this dress does nothing to show it off.. of course I am not saying to be walking around wrapped in saran wrap, but I think this dress doesnt have much actual fit to it that even if you were to put a belt, it still wouldnt flatter you as much! I am on the same boat about being to lazy to iron! hahahahah

    ReplyDelete